My Beef With ObamaPosted: August 29, 2012
There’s no doubt about it: Obama is a good speaker. But the guy should get a job selling Shamwows on TV instead of leading the United States. Four years ago Obama razzle dazzled us all with talking points about “hope and change”, but all that’s really changed since his inauguration is the growing debt, high employment, and welfare. Now that Obama doesn’t have a good record to run on, all he can do is hope his speeches will pull him through again this time around. It amazes me that some people are still niave enough to buy into his rhetoric given his abysmal record as president.
I am not a Republican or Democrat- I am a libertarian and want the government to stay out of my life as much as possible. I don’t want the government having a say in how I spend my money, which activities I participate in, or how I live my life. I have been a longtime supporter of Ron Paul and was devastated when he didn’t get the GOP nomination. The next presidential election is right around the corner now and unfortunately I am not too excited about either candidate. But if there’s one thing I’m sure about it’s that anyone would be better than Obama. Here are a few reasons why he’s gotta go.
1. ObamaCare is simply a bad policy. All it does is is force everyone to become a client of insurance companies, even if they don’t want or need to be. It also lowers pay to providers, which causes many to want to leave practice. The massive amount of red tape and regulations involved with the policy will also tear apart the doctor-patient relationship. Instead of focusing on the specific needs of their patients, doctors will have to concentrate increasingly on government rules. Would you want a bureaucrat in Washington to make critical decisions about your healthcare? Or to force you to pay for others’ healthcare? I sure wouldn’t.
2. Obama encourages a culture of dependance. About 45 million Americans are now on food stamps- more than at any time under Bush. The food stamp program doled out a whopping $71.81 billion in 2011. Additionally, more than HALF of Americans do not pay income taxes! The other half of Americans have to foot the entire bill. Furthermore, more than 40% of Americans depend on some government program. Government dependence is a dangerous thing. The federal government has become Santa, handing out more goodies to Americans than its capacity to do so. Don’t get me wrong, we need a safety net in America, but these handouts have gotten out of control. And Obama just keeps buying votes with more handouts.
3. Obama’s administration has recklessly added debt. Right now America is about 16 trillion dollars in debt and growing. That’s scary stuff and it’s incredibly reckless. Obama has spent billions with his “stimulus spending” and this year’s budget deficit will top $1 trillion for the fourth year in a row.
4. The current unemployment rate is above 8 percent and that doesn’t even count Americans who settle for part time and temporary work that doesn’t pay enough to cover their bills. College students are having trouble finding good jobs, and many of them are forced to move back in with mom and dad. Obama’s regulations and high taxes make it harder from startups and new businesses to expand and hire new employees. Clearly Obama doesn’t understand how bad this situation is. His declaration that “the private sector is doing fine” sums it up.
We simply cannot afford four more years of Obama. He is moving America in a socialist direction, and stripping us of our freedom along the way. What are your thoughts? Will you be voting for Barak Obama in November?
- 25 reasons why Obama should be fired (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Obama Puts Millions More On The Dole (personalliberty.com)
- Top 10 Reasons Not To Re-elect Obama (Part 3 of 3) (conservativeread.com)
- Obama Years Have Been Brutal For Middle Class – Income Minus $4,019 Downsizing Amertica (tarpon.wordpress.com)